AuthorMessage
Velir
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Instances/Meeting and such!   Thu May 24, 2007 11:02 am

Fellow Guild Members!

If you haven't noticed yet we have a Calendar function here on our forums which makes it possible for planning Guild events such as instances, raids, guild meetings and such.

If you i.e. want to do The Stockades on friday @ 20.00 servertime, just create a topic here in under The Guild section.

In the Topic, use the name (full name) of the Instance and the time you want to do this. Then a short message where you ask who wanna join. People can then sign up in that thread.
It's also important that you post your level, class and role/spec so that everyone can see what is needed.

"Who want to run The Stockades @ Friday 20.00?

1 Velir - Warrior lvl 31, Tank
5"

If you get enough people for doing your Instance then we'll put it up in the calender so that everyone can see.

I dunno how other guild does this, but I'm in sports club and we does it like this and it works perfectly. Wink

Cheers!
/Velir
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://neverbackdown.team-talk.net
Barothar
Private
Private

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   Wed May 30, 2007 2:45 am

Im pala, mainly focusing on healing.
So if you would like to go to instances that fit my level then count me in Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xqin
Corporal
Corporal

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   Wed May 30, 2007 8:44 am

Well Sry didnt see this berfor now ^^, let givit another shot? doh not Stock Smile

lets set us down and talk about it some day when a few of us isf online ;P

Comeon ppl be more active!! its realy fun to go guildruns!

Cya m8s Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meloku
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   Wed May 30, 2007 4:17 pm

yes it would be nice if a few more people would be interested in doing guild runs then perhaps we could have more than one going at a time so that the people who want to go but didnt say so first can also go instead of finding a pug

as well as this themore we play together now the better we play together which will be better when we get to endgame
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walrossen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   Wed May 30, 2007 5:06 pm

Im always in for a guild-run itīs funnier then searching for groups u know.
And to be able to have more then one going at the same time, man thatīs just golden Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meloku
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   Wed May 30, 2007 5:24 pm

aye i prefer guild runs because in theory

everyone should know each other and get on relatively well so a guild run in theory should be more fun and more friendly than a pug group

and not only that as a guilds meant to grow with each other as you level your character up and learn the best way to play as that class and spec, you also learn the best way to play together - also in theory

i say in theory as quite a few guilds arent what id call "a guild" as yes they have the tabard and all share the same guild name underneath their own, but guild chat can be very quiet if none at all, and not only that some guilds do very little guild runs in little instances such as sm n later on stuff like shadow labs etc n then expect to just gel together when they come to do raids, and of course they dont because theyve not been grouped together often if at all and its just like being in a party/raid with a pug.

i think its important to know what your healer does in situations or ur tank or what the dps classes do when they get in shit etc

you might disagree but thats how i feel anyways :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walrossen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   Wed May 30, 2007 5:44 pm

yeah i hear that, when ur doin a instance with some random party uīll never now how people gonna act, and then it has a good chance of fuckin up and wiping n shit.

So more guild runs for the people!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meloku
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   Wed May 30, 2007 7:55 pm

at least someone agrees
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Velir
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   Thu May 31, 2007 10:33 am

I haven't been up for Guild runs lately mostly cauz I've been busy and rarely have had the time for it. But now these days to come (almost a whole week!) I'm having a few days off work so I should have time for a few runs.

I' going DPS (arms xD) with my warrior atm and i think Walrossen is a more competent Tank (and higher lvl than me) but if you want me running Tank i think i could... but i cant afford a respec... So I'll keep my armsspec and do my best.

And I agree with Meloku. A guild without the social part is not a real guild. It's important to do things together Smile

Cheers!
/Velir
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://neverbackdown.team-talk.net
Yautja
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:08 am

Well, you can be a good tank even if if you have spec as arms or fury. Becuase of things I will explain below:

1 - You start to beat the target up, and build up aggro, and the grp starts attack a few seconds after that. In this way, you will have the aggro the whole time. Unfortunately, not many players know this, and then cry like a baby when they get aggro, just becuase:
THEY HAVENT LET YOU BUILD UP AGGRO!!!

2 - You have Taunt, and I dont think I need to explain for you what it is, but I do it anyway, so others can learn it. if they dont know it.
It's like the skill says, you simply "taunt" the enemie, so it focus its attacks on you. This skill is used if any other in the grp gets aggro, healer for an example. To taunt an enemie is absolutely worthless if its already attacking you. You only taunt the enemie if its starts to attack someone else.

3 - Sunder Armor, with this skill you sunder the targets armor, and cause high amount of threat. It can be stacked up to 3 or 5 times (not sure which one it is). If you spam this skill, you will likey hold aggro until the mob is dead.

Also, as tank you should play in Defence Stance, becuase in this stance your dmg you get is decreased by 10% but also your out going dmg is decreased by 10%. But you arent there as dmg dealer, you are there to take alot of punishment. So use shield, and those skills that belongs to def stance and you can tank very good.

My high lvl warrior http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ragnaros&n=Amblash

Is a fury spec, but have some point under arms and prot, just for the rage thing. But I was tank in VC, DM ( yes, we went there even as a hordes ;P ) SM, ZF and god knows what, and we didint had any issude at all to the day I toke a break from playing horde.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hosted.filefront.com/ChaosWarlord
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instances/Meeting and such!   

Back to top Go down

Instances/Meeting and such!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Numquam Dorsum De :: World of Warcraft :: The Guild-
Jump to: